Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Theo



The Theo Kogan Cupcake a.k.a. Vegan Funfetti Cupcake


Theo Kogan, current lead singer of Theo and the Skyscrapers, has been an influence on me since first hearing her music in 1993, when she was front woman for the Lunachicks. Her campy and almost drag queen facade has always been intriguing to me. Theo is also an accomplished model, actress, artist and, recently, entrepreneur. Her make up line Armour Beauty has taken the world by storm. She also takes the time to work with friends in the NYC art world such as Rob Roth and Caden Manson of Big Art Group. I decided to pay homage not only to her but to many other artists who have influenced me, as future posts will reveal. I just figured I should start with the strongest and the best. Theo is an activist for animal rights, gay rights, and women’s rights. She is no stranger to speaking her mind lyrically and personally. She has been a role model to so many, especially me.



Theo is known not only for her beauty, brains and music, but for her sleeve tattoos as well. Her arms are colorfully decorated with an anchor, her dead cats, underwater oddities, and so much more that it was only fitting that I make a colorful cupcake to honor her. I decided to make a vanilla cupcake, even though Theo is anything but vanilla! I threw in some vegan sprinkles to create a funfetti effect and to symbolize her tattoos and her fun, flirty side. She is also known for her bleach blonde hair; so I created an almost white butter cream frosting with a dash of sprinkles to represent it. The cupcake liner I used is green plaid, which hints at her fashion/modeling side. I can only hope that this inspires you not only to google Theo Kogan,but also to go out there and try to hone your own funfetti recipe.
xoxox
Chris
www.armourbeauty.com Armour Beauty
www.myspace.com/theo Theo and the Skyscrapers

No comments:

Post a Comment