Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heatherette

Heatherette



Okay the now defunct label Heatherette is so amazing. I know I should be like fashion and current, but I could not when it comes to this amazing label. Owned by Traver Rains and former club kid Richie Rich, located in NYC their designs were bright, flashy and trashy….”Flash and Trash” seemed to be their mantra for a while there. Their creations were worn by the likes of Foxy Brown, Anna Nicole Smith, Jenna Jameson, Lydia Hearst, Pamela Anderson, and who could forget Paris Hilton. They took color and function and turned the dial all the way up…blowing our minds and eyes with amazing women’s and men’s lines that featured anything from t-shirts to dresses to underwear. I like to think of their line as fun and flirty..their runway shows were often over the top and outlandish which seemed to suit both fellas.



I chose to use a clean vanilla cupcake with an purple and white striped cupcake liner. With their flare for color I couldn’t resist but using colorful butter creams for the tops. Taking my sugar spinning class really helped me create this “candy glass” I figured their clothes were edgy and often sharp witted pieces so why not make colorful, sharp, edible candy glass? I used food coloring on the baking sheet and poured the clear mixture over it to create a running effect on the finished glass. There is no website for the clothing line so sorry folks you’re just going to have to settle for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment