Monday, February 15, 2010

The wonderful world of Patricia Field!

Patricia Field Cupcake




I love love love love love love Patricia Field she’s an amazing designer and costume designer. She’s an Academy Award Nominee and Emmy Award winning woman. Most people know her from her work on SATC aka Sex and the City, and also on ABC television show Ugly Betty. She opened a boutique in 1966 in NYC Greenwich Village. This location has been there for 44 years now and is a mecca for celebrities, fashion forward thinkers, and NYC “scenesters” she’s also opened two other stores in the NYC area.



I was thinking how would I make a pat field cupcake? Well being a rather forward and innovative thinker I remembered that Patricia’s hair is bright red, what else than a red velvet cupcake. I know most cupcakes of the red velvet persuasion have chocolate, but I really didn’t want to put chocolate in it. I wanted to keep the bright hue of the red food coloring in the finished product. I also took to looking at current and past collections to decide on a cupcake liner. I couldn’t just choose one so I chose two, why not? I thought I used a purple foil liner and red polka dotted liners for these delicious treats. The icing choice would be my next obstacle…..traditionally red velvet cakes are served with a “cooked” icing. Which sounded weird…why would you cook an icing? So I did, which reminded me of when my mother would make red velvet cakes for me and my brother as children. She’d alternate between a cooked icing and cream cheese, but I really didn’t want to make two different icings, thinking I was being lazy I made both! The cooked icing is present on the purple foil lined treats, and the polka dotted ones have tofu cream cheese frosting.



Here Is a link to Patricia Fields online store:

http://www.patriciafield.com/

I recommend for you eco friendly people out there that like to use reusable bags to pick up this little gem: http://www.patriciafield.com/images/view.aspx?productId=838 . I’m waiting for mine to arrive so I can take it to pick up my latest supplies for the cupcakes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment